When you yourself have a hearth, then it is advisable to buy glass fireplace doors. Why? Listed below are a few of the top explanations why you ought to purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be quite attractive and striking additions to your general fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors act as a barrier between your home and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you’re paying money to heat your chimney. During the summer months, you spend to cool it!
Other items that you should know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you utilize glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed while the fire is burning, you are going to need to clean ash out from the glass fire doors vent after every few times of use. The vent is very important – it allows your fire to burn just outside air in order that all the warm air from the inside of your home can’t escape up through your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that will withstand very high heat. Other doors can crack when put under the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is stronger than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass all the way through and are highly heat resistant. Of course, for these benefits, you are going to have to pay a lot more than you would for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from getting into the room. Of course, tempered glass fireplace doors can still improve the efficiency of your fireplace by reducing the extra airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you yourself have an option, though, choose ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Make fully sure your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you need them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Of course, the higher sealed your doors are, the dirty they are going to get. You may have to pay extra time cleaning the soot off of well sealed glass fireplace doors – you may not wish to ruin your view of the fire.
· One method to keep the glass of your glass fireplace doors clean is to install a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are capable of keeping children and pets out from the fire and the fire from your family room, realize that they’ll still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, by just touching the glass or metal. Make sure that your young ones are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your young ones are old enough, you may choose to only run your fireplace when they are not home or have already been put to bed.